[OpenAFS] Re: kernel panics with 1.6.0 and 1.6.1pre2 on openindiana

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:48:47 -0600

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 10:34:45 -0800
"Logan O'Sullivan Bruns" <logan@gedanken.org> wrote:

> With the 1.6.1pre2 afsd and kernel module it panics immediately upon
> afsd startup with a kernel panic that looks like this:

Hm, I was assuming this would also panic immediately on startup for me
as well if I tried, but that didn't happen. It's actually working
surprisingly well.

So, a few questions before I look more deeply at it. What platform is
this, sparc/x86/amd64? Did you compile your own kernel or do anything
else weird with it? What specific compiler version are you using to
compile OpenAFS? Could you verify the versions of various components are
what you think they are with:

strings /kernel/drv/amd64/afs | grep built
strings /usr/vice/etc/afsd | grep built

...or wherever afsd is. Substitute kernel module path for
drv/sparcv9/afs or just drv/afs as appropriate.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net