[OpenAFS] Re: kernel panics with 1.6.0 and 1.6.1pre2 on openindiana

Logan O'Sullivan Bruns logan@gedanken.org
Sat, 28 Jan 2012 12:38:55 -0800

Andrew,

I did a little bit more testing. I was also able to reproduce the
panic with VirtualBox 4.1.2 using the Oracle Solaris 64 bit
configuration with the oi 151a server iso only modifying the memory to
be a gigabyte. Starting from scratch I can see now that it is crashing
right after preparing or checking the cache directory structure. So
the first time it ran on the VM it didn't crash until it had made all
the cache subdirectories but subsequently it crashes almost
immediately.

So, if it isn't crashing for you perhaps this is an indicator that my
build is no good? I built mine with these options using Solaris Studio 12.3:

./configure --enable-transarc-paths --with-krb5 --enable-namei-fileserver --enable-bitmap-later

If you send me your amd64 afsd and afs binaries maybe I can give those
a try?

Thanks,
  logan