[OpenAFS] Changing RXAFS_GetVolumeStatus access check to support volume lock down

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 18:44:40 -0400

--------------enigA8835C851E85703D58F118BC

On 7/5/2012 4:47 PM, Dyer, Rodney wrote:
> 1.  How will this change affect any older clients, if so?

Any client that doesn't issue the RPC will not be affected.

Any client that does issue the RPC will now have it succeed instead of fa=
il.

The point of this change is to permit sites that are tightening the
access control in their volumes to do so.

> 2.  This change is appropriate for the "production" server branch?

If my cell is one that is locking down volumes such that users only
have (l)ookup access to volume roots, I would be applying the patch
regardless of whether or not OpenAFS does.

That said I believe this patch is appropriate for 1.6.2.

Jeffrey Altman