[OpenAFS] Re: Setting Up OpenAFS on FreeBSD

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 6 Jul 2012 11:49:51 -0500

On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 09:26:18 -0700
Tim Gustafson <tjg@soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:

> The documentation I read was that it was acceptable to use folders,
> rather than mountpoints, for OpenAFS.

This is perfectly okay; many sites do this all the time. While there may
be minor issues for performance or organization depending on your
scenario, that's just a consequence of using the same disk/partition for
different things; it's not openafs-specific.

The only reason you have to do a little extra for non-mountpoints (the
AlwaysAttach thing) is so we don't accidentally use an empty partition
if something fails to mount properly.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net