[OpenAFS] Re: bos backupsys silently failing for one or two volumes?

Steve Simmons scs@umich.edu
Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:15:14 -0400

On Jul 16, 2012, at 6:02 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:07:10 -0400
> Steve Simmons <scs@umich.edu> wrote:
>=20
>> Bos config for backupsys:
>>=20
>>  bnode cron snapshot 1
>>  parm /usr/sbin/vos backupsys -se localhost -localauth
>>  parm 18:00
>>  end
>=20
> This may not be a 'silent' error; you're not recording the output.

Interesting. I'd assumed that since BosLog contains the nightly message =
'snapshot exited with code 0' that no error had occurred. I'll start =
capturing those if/when the issue arises again.

>=20
>> This particular volume came up on June 7 . . .
>=20
> When you manually issue a backup, are you running 'vos backup' ? Try
> running 'vos backupsys' with the prefix set such that it only backs up
> that one volume, and see if that makes a difference.

Yes we have, I'll try that next time the issue comes up.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Steve=