[OpenAFS] OS X Lion: multiple Kerberos realms ?

Gabriel L. Somlo gsomlo@gmail.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:45:48 -0400

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:13:58PM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Why are you using two Kerberos realms in this scenario?
> I recommend that you add an afs service principal to the Samba realm and
> use that to authenticate your users to both services.

The two servers are under the control of different entities, and I
have no significant influence over either.

I can easily (via kinit, or the Ticket Viewer) acquire tickets for any
number of realms I need, but I'd like to take advantage of my common
user name and password across both realms to automate this process
during login...

Thanks,
--Gabriel