[OpenAFS] Best practice for cleaning up PTS groups after users are deleted

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:53:52 -0700

Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:

> We delete users and run fs cleanacl. I'm trying to figure out how to
> properly clean up the groups. What criteria do other sites use for
> removing groups. I know about orphaned gruops, but I'm looking for good
> advice about self-owning groups and groups owned by other groups.

Nearly all of our groups are tied to specific things with a lifecycle,
like group spaces in AFS, and are therefore deleted alongside that space
when that space is deleted.

We don't otherwise do anything comprehensive.