[OpenAFS] permissions of administrator

Jayen Ashar jayen@science.unsw.edu.au
Sun, 10 Jun 2012 17:32:25 +1000

Yes, sorry, I included it in another email and assume we crossed mails.

Not sure if this is related to my problem or not, but it's interesting
that an fs command seems to mess up my client and I have to restart it
(this is with dynroot turned back on).  I'm guessing the permission
issue is causing this one, but in case it's the other way around, I
thought I'd include the info:

root@ccrcfs1:~# [ -d /afs/storm.ccrc.unsw.edu.au/. ] && echo yes
yes
root@ccrcfs1:~# vos create ccrcfs1 a root.cell -localauth
Volume 536870927 created on partition /vicepa of ccrcfs1
root@ccrcfs1:~# [ -d /afs/storm.ccrc.unsw.edu.au/. ] && echo yes
yes
root@ccrcfs1:~# fs mkm /afs/storm.ccrc.unsw.edu.au/.root.afs root.afs
-rwfs: You don't have the required access rights on
'/afs/storm.ccrc.unsw.edu.au/.root.afs'
root@ccrcfs1:~# [ -d /afs/storm.ccrc.unsw.edu.au/. ] && echo yes
root@ccrcfs1:~# /etc/init.d/openafs-client restart
Stopping AFS services: afsd openafs.