[OpenAFS] Re: Setting Up OpenAFS on FreeBSD

Tim Gustafson tjg@soe.ucsc.edu
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 14:29:04 -0700

> Bos cannot find tickets from your KeyFile with which to authenticate (or
> possibly another error, but I think that's it). Can you run 'asetkey
> list' and see if you appear to have any keys in your KeyFile? Do NOT
> send the output of 'asetkey list' to the mailing list, but just say if
> it lists any keys, and what their kvno is.

I was able to get past this problem by using FreeBSD's Kerberos
server.  I was previously trying to integrate with our MIT Kerberos
server, but that seems to be problematic.  So, I set up FreeBSD
Kerberos and now I've gotten to this command:

root@host: pts createuser -name tjg -id 1234 -localauth
pts: Couldn't read/write the database ; unable to create user tjg with id 1234

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg@soe.ucsc.edu