[OpenAFS] Re: Setting Up OpenAFS on FreeBSD

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 12:39:24 -0500

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:07:29 -0700
Tim Gustafson <tjg@soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:

> I'm trying to follow this tutorial on how to set up OpenAFS on FreeBSD:
>
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/afs-server

To whomever wrote this document (Ben?): it seems to reference both
Transarc and non-transarc paths. Should it just be using non-transarc
paths?

> root@host: bosserver
> root@host: bos setcellname host soe.ucsc.edu -localauth
> bos: could not find entry (configuring connection security)

Bos cannot find tickets from your KeyFile with which to authenticate (or
possibly another error, but I think that's it). Can you run 'asetkey
list' and see if you appear to have any keys in your KeyFile? Do NOT
send the output of 'asetkey list' to the mailing list, but just say if
it lists any keys, and what their kvno is.

If asetkey isn't in your PATH, it should (also) be where bosserver,
ptserver, etc are (/usr/afs/bin or /usr/local/libexec/openafs/, I
think).

> What does that error mean?  I wasn't able to find anything useful at
> Google.

You are probably hitting the same error that was reported as this in
previous versions:

bos: could not find entry (getting key from local keyfile)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net