[OpenAFS] Setting Up OpenAFS on FreeBSD

Tim Gustafson tjg@soe.ucsc.edu
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:07:29 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to follow this tutorial on how to set up OpenAFS on FreeBSD:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/afs-server

So far, I have:

1. Ensured that "kinit" works on this machine.

2. Set up and made sure that the AFS client works (I was able to
connect to another AFS server that I have access to)

3. Set up the following files:

/usr/local/etc/openafs/server/CellServDB
/usr/local/etc/openafs/server/KeyFile
/usr/local/etc/openafs/server/ThisCell

4. Created partitions for /vicepa and /vicepb

When I get to the part that I'm supposed to run the "bos" commands, I get this:

root@host: bosserver
root@host: bos setcellname host soe.ucsc.edu -localauth
bos: could not find entry (configuring connection security)

What does that error mean?  I wasn't able to find anything useful at Google.

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg@soe.ucsc.edu