[OpenAFS] Windows client install options

Christian chanlists@googlemail.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2012 12:20:11 +0200

All,

let me re-phrase my question. I've read the MSI deployment guide. What
I'd like to have is a bunch of MSIs that people can install, they should
not get any questions, it should remove all previous configuration
files, install the newest version with the changes contained in a
transform, and be done. Alternatively, it could be a batch file with a
bunch of calls to msiexec. Ultimately, I would like to run this from
something like WPKG.

I have often noticed that instructing users to simply install the newest
version would not help. I had to first manually uninstall, remove all
the registry keys and folders related to openafs and kerberos, then
re-install. One example is that on the systems I have seen, if global
settings for integrated login exist prior to an upgrade, whatever I
choose during installation will not be honored, and the old settings
will remain.

The closest I have gotten (on Win7 x64) is this batch file (and I still
need to manually uninstall openafs and kerberos before I run it):

echo "Please make sure you have uninstalled all openafs and kerberos
packages before proceeding!"
regedit.exe /s %~dp0\remove_openafs_kerberos.reg
del /s "%PROGRAMFILES%\Openafs"
del /s "%PROGRAMFILES%\MIT\Kerberos"
del /s "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Openafs"
del /s "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\MIT\Kerberos"
del "%WINDIR%\krb5.ini"
msiexec /qn+ /i %~dp0\Heimdal-AMD64-full-1-5-100-930.msi
msiexec /qn+ /i %~dp0\netidmgr-AMD64-rel-2_0_102_907.msi
msiexec /qn+ /i %~dp0\openafs-en_US-64bit-1-7-1500.msi
TRANSFORMS=%~dp0\openafs-tf.mst
msiexec /qn+ /i %~dp0\openafs-32bit-tools-en_US-1-7-1500.msi
cp %~dp0\krb5.ini C:\ProgramData\Kerberos\krb5.conf
pause

What is the best way to do something like this automatically? Thanks,

Christian