[OpenAFS] installing openafs to windows xp sp3 32bit

ayvango ayvango@zoho.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2012 04:56:29 -0700

---- On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 21:22:07 -0700 Jeffrey Altman  wrote ----

>On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:20:45 AM, ayvango wrote:
>> I've tried two paths for installing kerberos for windows xp sp3 32bit edition
>>
>> First: install heimdal kerberos 1.5.1 and network identity manager 2.0
>> Second: install kfw which itself provides old netid manager as well as MIT kerberos.
>>
>> Both path lead to similar error: identity manager fails to load required backend modules. I got some gui error information about load failure and numeric code for it.
>>
>> What should I do for more precise debugging? Is there any logs for identity managers?
>
>Heimdal does not include any Kerberos v4 support. 32-bit NetIdMgr (1.1
>and 2.0) requires Kerberos v4 support.
>You can copy the krb4w32.dll from MIT KFW and use it with Heimdal or
>you can uninstall Heimdal and install KFW in its place.
>The next NetIdMgr release will not support Kerberos v4.
>
>The NetIdMgr documentation discusses logging which can be turned on via
>the Options->General page.
>
>Jeffrey Altman

I had tried both to just copy dll and to switch to alternative kerberos installation (KFW). That gave no use.

But I've rebooted the system now with KFW installed and identity manager begin to work.

Windows ways are so strange. Sorry for asking question without prior trying to reboot windows.