[OpenAFS] installing openafs to windows xp sp3 32bit

Fri, 29 Jun 2012 00:22:07 -0400

--------------enig0DA4AD997200375C447556CA

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:20:45 AM, ayvango wrote:
> I've tried two paths for installing kerberos for windows xp sp3 32bit e=
dition

> First: install heimdal kerberos 1.5.1 and network identity manager 2.0
> Second: install kfw which itself provides old netid manager as well as =
MIT kerberos.

> Both path lead to similar error: identity manager fails to load require=
d backend modules. I got some gui error information about load failure an=
d numeric code for it.

> What should I do for more precise debugging? Is there any logs for iden=
tity managers?

Heimdal does not include any Kerberos v4 support.  32-bit NetIdMgr (1.1=20
and 2.0) requires Kerberos v4 support.
You can copy the krb4w32.dll from MIT KFW and use it with Heimdal or=20
you can uninstall Heimdal and install KFW in its place.
The next NetIdMgr release will not support Kerberos v4.

The NetIdMgr documentation discusses logging which can be turned on via=20
the Options->General page.

Jeffrey Altman