[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS services startup

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 18:06:24 -0600

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 18:28:03 -0500
"Danko Antolovic" <dantolov@indiana.edu> wrote:

> Could someone spell out which files are involved?  What startup
> script(s) go into /etc/rc.d/init.d ?  What is the right config file?
> The documentation seems to cover the rpm installations, but is a bit
> obscure about the source build.  Thanks.

Documenting init scripts for a "source build" doesn't make a lot of
sense to me, since an init script is part of the integration with the
general system; it will be different for different OSes and for
different distributions of the same OS.

If you want the init scripts that come with the RPMs distributed by
openafs.org, they're in src/packaging/RedHat/; openafs-client.init for
the client, and openafs-server.init for the server.

However, it seems like it would be easier for you if you just used the
RPMs themselves, as they would put the init scripts etc in the right
place for you. Is there any reason you don't want to do that? If you are
modifying the source or something in some way, you can still build RPMs
yourself. src/packaging/RedHat/makesrpm.pl can be used to make an SRPM,
and building RPMs from that can be done via rpmbuild, similarly as with
any SRPM.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net