[OpenAFS] new files sometimes do not appear

Christopher Pax pax@njit.edu
Mon, 5 Mar 2012 15:21:49 -0500

--bcaec50166ed45d9d104ba84aec8

Hello open afs group. I recently updated my client from 1.7.4 to 1.7.6, and
im having a issue seeing a file when it created.

I know the file is there, because other people can see it.

In fact I can see the file using my linux box (ubuntu). So, I know the
permissions are good.

after touching a new file (touch test.txt)  from my linux box, I checked
back on my windows mount
and both the test file and the real file appear. at this point, any new
file that gets copied over will
 automatically show in the folder list on windows.

if I go down one directory in windows, copy a file over in linux, then go
back into the directory in windows
the file does not show. If I touch a file in that directory, the folder
view in windows would refresh with the files.

I hope I explained this well; its a bit of an difficult issue to search for.

computer: windows 7 64 bit
client version: 1.7.600

--bcaec50166ed45d9d104ba84aec8

 a new file (touch test.txt) =A0from my linux box, I checked back on my win=
dows mount=A0</div>

new file that gets copied over will</div><div>=A0automatically=A0show in th=
ctory in windows, copy a file over in linux, then go back into the director=
y in windows</div>

r></div><div>I hope I explained this well; its a bit of an=A0difficult=A0is=
sue to search for.</div>

--bcaec50166ed45d9d104ba84aec8--