[OpenAFS] new files sometimes do not appear

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Mon, 05 Mar 2012 22:04:56 +0100

On 05.03.2012 21:21, Christopher Pax wrote:
> Hello open afs group. I recently updated my client from 1.7.4 to 1.7.6,
> and im having a issue seeing a file when it created.
>
> I know the file is there, because other people can see it.
>
> In fact I can see the file using my linux box (ubuntu). So, I know the
> permissions are good.
>
> after touching a new file (touch test.txt)  from my linux box, I checke=
> back on my windows mount
> and both the test file and the real file appear. at this point, any new
> file that gets copied over will
>   automatically show in the folder list on windows.
>
> if I go down one directory in windows, copy a file over in linux, then
> the file does not show. If I touch a file in that directory, the folder
> view in windows would refresh with the files.
>

> I hope I explained this well; its a bit of an difficult issue to search=
 for.

> computer: windows 7 64 bit
> client version: 1.7.600

Using flush volume or flush directory from the AFS contect menu does help.

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--=20
TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723