[OpenAFS] Re: sysname for 3.x linux kernel

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 8 Mar 2012 13:57:10 -0600

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 14:44:28 -0500
Dan Scott <danieljamesscott@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to have a 'fallback' directory for @sys? i.e. If
> amd64_linux32 doesn't exist, then it should use the amd64_linux31
> directory instead. Or maybe we can have a amd64_linux3 sysname for all
> 3.x linux kernels?

'fs sysname'. You can set this to anything you want, including multiple
values.

> I can see the advantages of having different names for 2.4,2.6 and 3.
> kernels, but do we really need a new sysname every 3 months or so?

I thought we did keep the *_linux26 sysname, since there are no
significant technical differences between 2.6 vs 3.* so far. What
version and packaging, etc are we talking about here?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net