[OpenAFS] Re: sysname for 3.x linux kernel

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer@ktdreyer.com
Thu, 8 Mar 2012 17:37:10 -0700

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:
> A solution that may require fewer tweaks in the future in general is to
> extract the existing sysname list and just add entries in front of it.
> Or just add the output from `livesys` at the end, instead of trying to
> calculate it yourself.

Thanks Andrew for looking it over. I ended up using `sys` instead of
`livesys` so I can obtain the value before afsd has started. The RPM
Fusion RPMs are built --with-afs-sysname $arch_linux26, so we should
be good.

The newest RPMs will have $arch_linux26 as the last entry in the
sysname list. I've built the packages in RPM Fusion's build system,
and they should be signed and pushed to rpmfusion-free-updates-testing
in a day or two.

- Ken