[OpenAFS] Re: sysname for 3.x linux kernel

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Thu, 8 Mar 2012 20:13:19 -0500

Well, yes, disk is cheap (less cheap these days) and it's not that hard
to distribute software to each machine. But, if the sw is in AFS, then I
don't have to. Install it once, into AFS, and all machines see it as
soon as I do a "vos release" (versus having to wait for the sw to push
out to the various machines). That many less configuration lines in
cfengine or whatever.