[OpenAFS] Re: mmap issue?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 23 Mar 2012 14:22:35 -0500

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 14:52:25 -0400
Eric Chris Garrison <ecgarris@iupui.edu> wrote:

> "I just had afs do a very very nasty thing to me.   I ran a program on
> a data file and for some unknown reason the file was totally corrupted
> after running this program.

Do you know how exactly it is corrupted? If you can compare the result
to the expected result you might see a range of bytes as NULs, or a
truncated file or something... If it's random garbage it's random
garbage, but if there's a specific pattern, it can help say what the
issue is.

> He is running OpenAFS 1.5.77 for MacOS 10.6.8, and our servers are at
> 1.4.14-1.1.1.

I don't know if there are issues fixed specifically for this (others can
provide more insight), but 1.5.77 isn't a 'stable' release...

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net