[OpenAFS] Windows: Hosts of foreign cells listed

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs@altum.de
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 22:37:15 +0200

Am 26.03.2012 20:55, schrieb Jeffrey Altman:

> Apparently you installed the client using the default settings so that
> "openafs.org" is the workstation cell.

Yes, you're right. Simply forgot to change the default cell name.

But now I have a different (albeit minor) problem. I have a volume
"musik.bo" mounted on a mountpoint called "B.O.".

I can access this volume from Linux clients, but I have problems
accessing it from Windows. I can't change into this directory neither
from Windows Explorer nor from command line. Additionaly, while I can
list its ACL from the command line, the corresponding AFS context menu
for ACLs is greyed out (and I also don't see an AFS ACL tab in the
properties dialog).

If I mount the volume under a different name, which does'nt contain any
dot, I can access it just fine (I also have mount points containing
blanks or german umlauts, which also work fine). Is this a known issue?

Thanks...

	Dirk