[OpenAFS] What does "data integrity" do?

Thomas Smith theitsmith@gmail.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2012 03:54:10 -0700

Hi,

I'm looking at disabling crypt on all of my Windows clients and noticed =
that there's an extra option for them, versus *nix clients--auth.

With auth enabled, 'fs getcrypt' indicates that the security level is =
"data integrity". I wasn't able to find any information about what this =
means in the docs at the website nor in the release notes of the client =
(1.7.8).

Can someone explain what this setting does please? Just wondering if =
it's encrypting communications while acquiring tokens ('auth') or =
providing some kind of integrity checks to help avoid or catch data =
corruption ('data integrity') or something else entirely.

Thank you,

~ Tom=