[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.7.13 and Roaming Profiles

Fri, 18 May 2012 09:09:10 -0400

--------------enigE744D16D3F876ABE3DFB015F

If someone can privately provide a full memory dump of a machine in such
a condition I can examine it to identify the cause.  Many changes have=20
been
implemented in the last nine months to address kernel deadlocks=20
triggered
by anti-virus filter drivers.   It would not surprise me if there was=20
another one.

The biggest change between 1.7.11 and 1.7.12 is the transition to using
write-through for all store operations instead of permitting the data=20
to be
written to the server during file cleanup.  Caching writes until file=20
cleanup
was causing problems since a write failure could not be usefully=20
reported
to the application.

Jeffrey Altman