[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.7.13 and Roaming Profiles

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fri, 18 May 2012 11:44:08 +0200

On 18.05.2012 10:31, Florian Rittmeier wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I just wanted to know, if anyone else beside us experiences problems
> with Windows roaming profiles since the upgrade from 1.7.11 to 1.7.12.
> Starting from 1.7.12 the windows service for roaming profiles does not
> finish synchronization on shutdown. It just shows "Waiting for user
> profile service" for infinite time after the user initiates the
> shutdown. Same with 1.7.13.
> We are running Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. Antivirus is Sophos Endpoint
> Security and Control 10.0.

On our setup with OpenAFS 1.7.12 only one workstation is yet known to
have that problem. But it uses kaspersky, the other 20 did not report
any problem yet.
Only entry in win event viewer is "profile service took to long to logout=
".
But I assume mostly skype of being a pain in the ass with user profiles.
Need to test 1.7.13.

> Regards,
> Florian

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--=20
TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723