[OpenAFS] backup: Syntax error in dump schedule file

Georg Sluyterman georg@sman.dk
Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:12:19 +0100

On 2012-11-07, at 15:56, stephen@physics.unc.edu wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, Georg Sluyterman wrote:
>=20
> Re BackupAFS. Please don't equate no new versions with not being "that =
maintained." It just means that it's *stable*: working great for me and =
no one has reported any bugs.
>=20
> In the interest of full disclosure, I've answered questions for a few =
people who were installing it and most problems are traced to not =
carefully reading the docs or else are environmental and unique to their =
cells and servers. Also at least one person was attempting to install on =
MacOS X and that platform is "unique" enough that I wasn't able to =
provide lots of help.
>=20
> I am aware of several sites that are using it successfully, and at =
least one of them is working on support to handle how it behavies when =
any of the source volume(s) within a VolumeSet are offline, with more =
grace.
>=20
> I freely admit that the initial setup can be a bit complex, but that's =
why the verbose documentation exists.
>=20
> If you have had specific issues with it, please feel free to email me =
directly and I'll do my best to help you off-list!
>=20
>=20

Thank you for the input and the kind offer to help me if I should get =
stuck configuring it. If I try BackupAFS some time in the future and =
experience a problem i can not solve i'll send you an e-mail :-)

--=20
Regards
Georg Sluyterman