[OpenAFS] strange kernel dependancy for kmod-openafs

Jonathan Billings jsbillin@umich.edu
Wed, 7 Nov 2012 18:39:56 -0500

On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 03:34:27PM -0700, David Bear wrote:
> This makes sense. I guess I just continue to use 1.4.10 because thats what
> I always used. Is there a repository that I can add so I can do a yum
> install openafs and get the 1.6.x current builds? would download an rpm
> openafs repository file to do that? if so, where would be be and what is it
> called ?

http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.6.1/rhel5/x86_64/ is a yum
repository for the RHEL5 packages of OpenAFS 1.6.1.  It even has the
correct kmods for your kernel.

--
Jonathan Billings <jsbillin@umich.edu>
College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support