[OpenAFS] post-init scripts with systemd

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Sat, 10 Nov 2012 20:22:54 +0100

On Nov 10, 2012, at 01:56 , Ken Dreyer wrote:

> Fedora has switched to systemd for service management. A year ago,
> Edward Yang contributed systemd unit files for OpenAFS.org under
> /src/packaging/RedHat.

[...]

> Jack and I have come up with a solution to support post-init scripts
> in systemd. We ship a single file, /usr/libexec/openafs/posthooks.sh,
> which runs in openafs-client.service like this:
>=20
> ExecStartPost=3D/usr/libexec/openafs/posthooks.sh
>=20
> This shell script sources any shell scripts in
> /etc/openafs/posthooks.d . This allows us to ship small shell scripts
> that enable encryption, set the sysname, etc. It also provides an area
> for users to drop in any additional posthooks that they want to use.
> Also, users could just zero out the files if they want to disable them
> (similar to /etc/httpd/conf.d).
>=20
> I think this is useful and could go upstream into the openafs.org
> packages. Any comments or suggestions on this idea?

Makes perfect sense to me.

How about generalizing ExecStartPre and ExecStop in a similar fashion?

It may be a good idea to make the order of execution well defined, by =
exporting LANG=3DC in  *hooks.sh (or the sysconfig file, if that's =
actually sourced first - I admit I still have to learn about how systemd =
works).

- Stephan

--=20
Stephan Wiesand