[OpenAFS] Cache size for Windows Client

Wed, 14 Nov 2012 16:34:50 -0500

--------------enig0331B37AF11C1B0B211F964D

Have you read the Release Notes?    There is a copy installed on the=20
local machine

  Start->Programs->OpenAFS->Documentation->Release Notes

and a copy on the web at

  http://docs.openafs.org/ReleaseNotesWindows/index.html

The maximum cache size on Windows is determined by the largest
contiguous block of virtual address space that can be used to
memory map the AFSCache file.  On 32-bit Windows this value
will be something under 1.2GB.  It all depends on what third
party software is installed.  On 64-bit Windows this value is
effectively unlimited.

You might also want to read blog.secure-endpoints.com.

Jeffrey Altman