[OpenAFS] Running OpenAFS on top of GPFS?

Craig Strachan cms@inf.ed.ac.uk
Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:11:37 +0000

Dear All,

The Central Computing Service at Edinburgh University is introducing a new =
University wide filesystem intended for research based data. We in Informat=
ics have been asked about the possibility of us using of some of this new f=
ile space to either expand our existing cell or (more likely) set up a new =
cell for the whole University to use. Unfortunately, this new research file=
 system is based on GPFS and so this would involve us running AFS on top of=
 GPFS.

Does anyone on this list have experience of running AFS on top of GPFS whic=
h they would be willing to share with us? Failing that, would anyone like t=
o make an educated guess as to the problems we are likely to encounter if w=
e try this?

Any advice would be appreciated,

Craig.
---
Craig Strachan, Computing Officer,
School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

--=20
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.