[OpenAFS] Re: Failure to build OpenAFS 1.6.1a

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 9 Oct 2012 09:40:20 -0400

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 20:50:59 -0500
"Michael D. Norwick" <mnorwick@centurytel.net> wrote:

> Thank You for the responses.  I had installed the Heimdal slackpkg
> from SlackBuild.org for Slackware 13.37, but I took it off using
> 'removepkg' after the first time the OpenAFS build failed.

The build failing with heimdal installed is something I can reproduce.
What I believe is happening is that libkrb5 is something we can pick up
without any extra flags (e.g. /usr/lib64/), but krb5.h is somewhere else
(/usr/heimdal/include).

We may want to try probing /usr/heimdal/bin/krb5-config in the krb5
configure logic. We also probably need to do better about detecting the
proper header vs detecting libraries, apparently... (I haven't looked at
this in detail, maybe this is better in master or something)

> I then installed krb-1.7.1 using the slackpkg while troubleshooting
> the OpenAFS build.  I had some directories in /usr/lib and /var
> labeled heimdal but I deleted them and tried ./configure straight up
> without any switches.  The build just failed again.  I might have to
> bork the whole system and start from scratch.

Okay; can you provide config.log, or look around config.log for the
lines I mentioned before? I assume it's just heimdal bits being left
around, but it may be helpful to see.

In general, though, I would suggest setting KRB5_CONFIG to the
krb5-config script, rather than fiddling with the configure options.
That should just be more likely to work, even if I'm not sure why it's
failing now.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net