[OpenAFS] Problems in openafs paradise.

John Tobin jtobin@po-box.esu.edu
Wed, 17 Oct 2012 20:12:12 -0400

--B_3433349532_8971558

Dear Openafs.

I am a relative new user of openafs.
I am trying to set up openafs-1.6.1 under a suse 12.1.

I initially tried to use an old suse readme file to install, that failed
miserably.

So I went to the quick start guide.
I have setup ntp with a local server.
I have installed all of the SUSE 12.1 openafs-blah-blah.rpms  except the km=
stuff... There are choices there: which one do I use? Openafs-kmp-: mit,
pae, xen desktop, default, I assume this is a choice, they all don=B9t go on
do they?

I notice the kerberos is mit.

I installed: rpm =ADU openafs-repository.1.6.1noarch.rpm and I assume that
installing that changes the file and makes it so the modprobe program will
start the loadable modules required. If not, where is the documentation for
what the mods are?

I assume it would be easiest to use Russ Allbery=B9s =B3pam-afs-server2.5 code,
so I downloaded that config=B9d it, ran make, check, and make install. The
documentation is about debian, and Red Hat, any hints on SUSE?

Does anyone have this running under SUSE 12.1 [it sounds like it from the
documentation...]?

tob

--B_3433349532_8971558

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Problems in openafs paradise.</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt=
'>Dear Openafs.<BR>
<BR>
I am a relative new user of openafs.<BR>
I am trying to set up openafs-1.6.1 under a suse 12.1.<BR>
<BR>
I initially tried to use an old suse readme file to install, that failed mi=
serably.<BR>
<BR>
So I went to the quick start guide. <BR>
I have setup ntp with a local server.<BR>
I have installed all of the SUSE 12.1 openafs-blah-blah.rpms &nbsp;except t=
he kmp stuff... There are choices there: which one do I use? Openafs-kmp-: m=
it, pae, xen desktop, default, I assume this is a choice, they all don&#8217=
;t go on do they?<BR>
<BR>
I notice the kerberos is mit.<BR>
<BR>
I installed: rpm &#8211;U openafs-repository.1.6.1noarch.rpm and I assume t=
hat installing that changes the file and makes it so the modprobe program wi=
ll start the loadable modules required. If not, where is the documentation f=
or what the mods are?<BR>
<BR>
I assume it would be easiest to use Russ Allbery&#8217;s &#8220;pam-afs-ser=
ver2.5 code, so I downloaded that config&#8217;d it, ran make, check, and ma=
ke install. The documentation is about debian, and Red Hat, any hints on SUS=
E?<BR>
<BR>
Does anyone have this running under SUSE 12.1 [it sounds like it from the d=
ocumentation...]?<BR>
<BR>
tob</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>