[OpenAFS] Re: DAFS Salvager failure

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:24:11 -0500

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 01:03:22 +0200
Pavel Semerad <semerad@lab.ms.mff.cuni.cz> wrote:

> After recompiling openafs with debug info and next crash I found that
> it segfaulted in FD_ISSET in function CallHandler in file
> src/vol/fssync-server.c . I saw that it is possible to use poll()
> interface instead of select() in the code, so I forced it to use this
> poll() code (#define HAVE_POLL) and it is working without crash from
> tuesday till now. I don't know if this have no issues, I didn't found
> test for poll() in configure script so this poll() code doesn't seem
> to be normally used.

Yes, Mark determined earlier this week that one of the issues here is
the known issue that the FSSYNC select() code doesn't work on Linux (it
just wasn't properly disabled). There are some other things involved
here, but using poll() as you describe will be one of the fixes.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net