[OpenAFS] buildbot and packages

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Fri, 14 Sep 2012 14:54:20 +0200 (CEST)

> My big concern is that nightly installable builds will be a support
> nightmare.

> There are a large number of users that will always take the latest
> no matter what.

I know. Been in support. However, when "X does not work" it helps a
lot if some $USER - even if he can't spell g i t or . / c o n f i g u
r e ; m a k e can tell us that 2012-01-17 "it" worked and 2012-01-18
it did not any more. The binaries that come form this type of build
should however clearly tell so in the rxdebug output.

> to move to a biweekly release cycle.

Nice if we would be there. Nice if it would be per month (which I find
more realistic). Still above holds.

Harald.