[OpenAFS] buildbot and packages

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Fri, 14 Sep 2012 11:04:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, Chaz Chandler wrote:

> no objection here, esp. if there's anyone out there with the spare time
> for and interest in testing them.

Most distro/OSes have their own packaging system, and it would seem that
life would be easier for such potential testers if they could install a
snapshot of openafs within their packaging system.  However, the packaging
files in our tree are frequently stale (since we are not the canonical
source for them), so this could place a new burden on our distro
maintainers if we choose to take this route.

Also, there is a question of what version number to put on snapshots so
that they will sort properly between "real" releases.

-Ben