[OpenAFS] buildbot and packages

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer@ktdreyer.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2012 09:13:44 -0600

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, Chaz Chandler wrote:
> Also, there is a question of what version number to put on snapshots so that
> they will sort properly between "real" releases.

Ordinarily "git describe" would be an easy way to come up with this,
but when I was looking at this a few weeks ago I hit a roadbump. For
1_6_1 we branched 1_6_x-stable to a separate 1_6_1 branch, and then
tagged version 1_6_1 on that branch. So it's not as simple as "git
describe" on the main 1_6_x branch. Maybe there will be another git
incantation we can use that would work in a similar way.

- Ken