[OpenAFS] buildbot and packages

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 17 Sep 2012 11:28:06 -0700

Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> writes:

> I'm looking to get all the low-hanging fruit with unskilled testing.
> Particularly with regressions like this:

> hozer@six:~/src/openafs-fuse-git/tests/fuse$ /home/hozer/src/openafs-fuse-git/tests/fuse/../../src/afsd/afsd.fuse -dynroot -fakestat -d -confdir /home/hozer/src/openafs-fuse-git/tests/fuse/conf -cachedir /home/hozer/src/openafs-fuse-git/tests/fuse/vcache -mountdir /home/hozer/src/openafs-fuse-git/tests/fuse/mntdir
> FUSE library version: 2.8.6
> nullpath_ok: 0
> unique: 1, opcode: INIT (26), nodeid: 0, insize: 56
> INIT: 7.17
> flags=0x0000047b
> max_readahead=0x00020000
> Starting AFS cache scan...found 0 non-empty cache files (0%).
> afsd: All AFS daemons started.
> Segmentation fault

The fuse code currently in the tree was primarily a science experiment by
one developer and is not something that's really ready for production use.
That's not to say this isn't a regression, and of course it would be nice
to fix, but I'm completely unsurprised that it has issues.  So far as I
know, no one is currently actively using the fuse code.