[OpenAFS] buildbot and packages

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2012 14:35:21 -0400

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> writes:
>
>> I'm looking to get all the low-hanging fruit with unskilled testing.
>> Particularly with regressions like this:
>
>> hozer@six:~/src/openafs-fuse-git/tests/fuse$ /home/hozer/src/openafs-fus=
e-git/tests/fuse/../../src/afsd/afsd.fuse -dynroot -fakestat -d -confdir /h=
ome/hozer/src/openafs-fuse-git/tests/fuse/conf -cachedir /home/hozer/src/op=
enafs-fuse-git/tests/fuse/vcache -mountdir /home/hozer/src/openafs-fuse-git=
/tests/fuse/mntdir
>> FUSE library version: 2.8.6
>> nullpath_ok: 0
>> unique: 1, opcode: INIT (26), nodeid: 0, insize: 56
>> INIT: 7.17
>> flags=3D0x0000047b
>> max_readahead=3D0x00020000
>> Starting AFS cache scan...found 0 non-empty cache files (0%).
>> afsd: All AFS daemons started.
>> Segmentation fault
>
> The fuse code currently in the tree was primarily a science experiment by
> one developer and is not something that's really ready for production use=
.
> That's not to say this isn't a regression, and of course it would be nice
> to fix, but I'm completely unsurprised that it has issues.  So far as I
> know, no one is currently actively using the fuse code.

I don't think maintaining and improving it would be at all a bad thing
as it's certainly
valuable to have, tho.

--=20
Derrick