[OpenAFS] buildbot and packages

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:54:34 -0500

> >> FUSE library version: 2.8.6
> >> nullpath_ok: 0
> >> unique: 1, opcode: INIT (26), nodeid: 0, insize: 56
> >> INIT: 7.17
> >> flags=0x0000047b
> >> max_readahead=0x00020000
> >> Starting AFS cache scan...found 0 non-empty cache files (0%).
> >> afsd: All AFS daemons started.
> >> Segmentation fault
> >
> > The fuse code currently in the tree was primarily a science experiment by
> > one developer and is not something that's really ready for production use.
> > That's not to say this isn't a regression, and of course it would be nice
> > to fix, but I'm completely unsurprised that it has issues.  So far as I
> > know, no one is currently actively using the fuse code.
>
> I don't think maintaining and improving it would be at all a bad thing
> as it's certainly
> valuable to have, tho.

afsd-fuse is an awfully convenient smoke test...

https://bitbucket.org/dahozer/tfs/changeset/c29b1275d8472cf85bf17873220390c01d05f023

Something is different between 'tfs' bitbucket checkout on my laptop and the git
checkout, and I'm not sure what.

If 'rebuild with debug' symbols is the answer to find the segfault, then why
don't we change './regen && ./configure && make check' to turn on debug symbols
by default (at least in master.. we can turn it back off in a release)