[OpenAFS] buildbot and packages

David Boyes dboyes@sinenomine.net
Mon, 17 Sep 2012 14:45:35 -0500

ing]

Good point.  I was considering more of the post-build QA portion of the pro=
blem, but addressing the issue of build failure at the input end of the pro=
blem makes sense as well.=20

> Applying 'make check' as a commit requirement, and improving its coverage
> will hugely help with this problem. I see it more as a developer tool tha=
n a
> general QA solution.

Agreed. I think it'd be even more effective if the build sequence was less =
convoluted, but it's certainly better than nothing.

> What its not going to do is replace large scale test harnesses and detail=
ed
> test plans. We still need the ability to generate large numbers of client=
> hammering a server to expose particular problems.=20

Amen. I have a couple ideas on how that could be done, but all require a bi=
t more baking before tossing them into public view.=20