[OpenAFS] buildbot and packages

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Tue, 18 Sep 2012 09:31:11 -0500

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 08:06:39PM +0100, Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> On 17 Sep 2012, at 19:54, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> > If 'rebuild with debug' symbols is the answer to find the segfault, then why
> > don't we change './regen && ./configure && make check' to turn on debug symbols
> > by default (at least in master.. we can turn it back off in a release)
>
> If you are developing, then you should be running configure with at least --enable-checking and --enable-debug

What documentation on libtool/autoconf/etc/whatever should I be looking at
to make '--enable-checking' and '--enable-debug' be the default when I do
'./regen && ./configure && make check' so I can submit a patch for master.

When we branch for release this should get turned off, but *only* after
someone has complete QA and benchmark testing showing exactly what the
performance impact of the debugging is.