[OpenAFS] buildbot and packages

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:39:45 -0400

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 08:06:39PM +0100, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
>>
>> On 17 Sep 2012, at 19:54, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
>> > If 'rebuild with debug' symbols is the answer to find the segfault, then why
>> > don't we change './regen && ./configure && make check' to turn on debug symbols
>> > by default (at least in master.. we can turn it back off in a release)
>>
>> If you are developing, then you should be running configure with at least --enable-checking and --enable-debug
>
> What documentation on libtool/autoconf/etc/whatever should I be looking at
> to make '--enable-checking' and '--enable-debug' be the default when I do
> './regen && ./configure && make check' so I can submit a patch for master.

Frankly, I'd patch either the human or the script which runs "'./regen
&& ./configure && make check'" as it's
gonna be less work.

None of those steps knows about another, nor should they. If you want
to enable debugging, just do it.
If you want to provide a script which does debug builds, do it.
Anything else is pointless complexity.

--
Derrick