[OpenAFS] replacement for depot?

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:49:59 -0500

On 9/26/2012 5:20 PM, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using a program called "depot", which I think used to be included with IBM/Transarc AFS.

I'm planning to migrated from RHEL5 with cfengine to RHEL6 with puppet. I use depot to manage  many folders
> of symlinks. What would you recommend as a replacement to depot?

What version are you running?

The version we are using is 5.15 from 2005, but also have the source for 5.50 version from 2008.
Its README file lists these (which are not found):
  ftp.andrew.cmu.edu:/pub/depot/depot.tar.gz
  http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/ANDREWII/depot.html
  info-cmu-depot-request+@andrew.cmu.edu

We only use it for links in AFS, not on local machines.