[OpenAFS] the future

Ted Creedon tcreedon@easystreet.net
Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:21:11 -0700

--047d7b41bf32d9d82d04cac71e45

Its clear to me that the skill set needed to improve AFS is moving on.

My only concern is dealing with vulture capitalists, buyouts and more
financial quicksand.

The reluctance of the major users to fund a mission critical file system
like AFS is yet another example of corporate spread sheet management
stupidity.

I'd turn the file servers off for a day so so  to simulate what the world
would be like w/o AFS.

Perhaps on a triple witching day..

Ted

If you can self fund YFS and I hope you make out as well as Linus.

--047d7b41bf32d9d82d04cac71e45

t needed to improve AFS is moving on.<br><br>My only concern is dealing wit=
h vulture capitalists, buyouts and more financial quicksand.<br><br>The rel=
uctance of the major users to fund a mission critical file system like AFS =
is yet another example of corporate spread sheet management stupidity.<br>
he world would be like w/o AFS.<br><br>Perhaps on a triple witching day..<b=
n self fund YFS and I hope you make out as well as Linus.</font><br>

--047d7b41bf32d9d82d04cac71e45--