[OpenAFS] Upgrading

Ted Creedon tcreedon@easystreet.net
Thu, 4 Apr 2013 10:04:16 -0700

--14dae9340ee7eeff5d04d98bf5e1

I have /vicepa and /usr/afs and /usr/vice all mounted on their own
partitions

then I install the new linux, recompile openaffs, install the init scrips
and everything works fiine on 3 servers.

I've done this on every suse release since 9.x

Tedc

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Bill MacAllister <whm@stanford.edu> wrote:

> --On Thursday, April 04, 2013 05:45:27 AM -0700 J <skyliner306@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>  Wondering if anyone can offer advice as to how best upgrade OpenAFS
>> on Debian 5.0.2.  The OpenAFS kernel module package is listed as
>> openafs-modules-2.6.26-2-486.
>>
>> Should I upgrade Linux first, then OpenAFS?  Or vice versa?  Another
>> option would be to build a new server, but I'm wondering which would
>> be the less convoluted path.
>>
>> Any tutorials or information you can point me to is appreciated.
>>
>> John
>>

> If you build a second server you will not need any down time.  You get
> the second server working and vos move everything there.  Then
> shutdown or rebuild the first server.  It makes sense to just upgrade
> the first server and keep it.  Then next time you want to upgrade it
> is a lot less work.  If you do it this way you will want to use Russ
> Allbery's mvto:
>
>  http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/**software/afs-admin-tools/mvto.**html<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/afs-admin-tools/mvto.html>
>
> Bill
>
> --
>
> Bill MacAllister
> Infrastructure Delivery Group, Stanford University

--14dae9340ee7eeff5d04d98bf5e1

I have /vicepa and /usr/afs and /usr/vice all mounted on their own partitio=
ns<br><br>then I install the new linux, recompile openaffs, install the ini=
t scrips and everything works fiine on 3 servers.<br><br>I&#39;ve done this=
 on every suse release since 9.x<br>
Bill MacAllister <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:whm@stanford.edu" =
ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;pa=
dding-left:1ex">
--On Thursday, April 04, 2013 05:45:27 AM -0700 J &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sky=