[OpenAFS] Re: Server disk operations speed

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 19 Apr 2013 09:42:17 -0400

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 18:19:55 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> So, I'm not sure if/how anyone else on the list may deal with this; I
> myself don't really deal with fileservers behind NATs. The issue is that
> the fileserver advertises the same IPs to all clients. So, you can
> advertise either just the public IP, just the private IP, or both the
> public and private IP, to everyone. (These are controlled by NetInfo and
> NetRestrict.)

If you have control over all the clients that need to reach this server
I think you could use server preferences to control which clients access
which server interface.  Obviously, this doesn't scale very well and
wouldn't easily address clients that move inside/outside the NAT (like a
mobile device).