[OpenAFS] busy .backup volumes

Kristen J. Webb kwebb@teradactyl.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:06:20 -0600

Hi,

I've got two .backup volumes that are busy and cannot
seem to find a way to get them unstuck.

# vos ex 1953054615
**** Volume 1953054615 is busy ****

# bos --version
openafs 1.4.14

 From the VolserLog:

Fri Apr 19 15:02:36 2013 trans 22 on volume 1953054615 is older than 469110 seconds

We've been just restarting the server.  Is there a better way to kill
these hung transactions without a sledge hammer?

Thanks!
Kris
--
This message is NOT encrypted
--------------------------------

Providers of Scalable Backup Solutions
    for Unique Data Environments

--------------------------------
NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: Any information contained in or attached to this message
is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the
intended recipient of this transmittal, you are hereby notified that you
received this transmittal in error, and we request that you please delete and
destroy all copies and attachments in your possession, notify the sender that
you have received this communication in error, and note that any review or
dissemination of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, this communication
is expressly prohibited.

Regular internet e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or
accurate, and it should not be relied upon as such. If you prefer to communicate
with Teradactyl LLC. using secure (i.e., encrypted and/or digitally signed)
e-mail transmission, please notify the sender. Otherwise, you will be deemed to
have consented to communicate with Teradactyl via regular internet e-mail
transmission. Please note that Teradactyl reserves the right to intercept,
monitor, and retain all e-mail messages (including secure e-mail messages) sent
to or from its systems as permitted by applicable law.