[OpenAFS] Re: Help installing openafs-1.6.5 on sunx86: bosserver: fatal: libkrb5.so.1
John Tang Boyland
Sat, 10 Aug 2013 12:31:02 -0500
] To: email@example.com
] From: Andrew Deason <firstname.lastname@example.org>
] Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 23:18:53 -0500
] Organization: Sine Nomine Associates
] Subject: [OpenAFS] Re: Help installing openafs-1.6.5 on sunx86: bosserver: fatal:
] On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 13:35:50 -0500
] Andrew Deason <email@example.com> wrote:
] > On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 12:17:08 -0500
] > John Tang Boyland <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
] > > ld.so.1: bos: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/openafs-1.6.5/root.server/usr/afs/bin/bos: symbol krb5_free_keytab_entry_contents: referenced symbol not found
] > [...]
] > > I'm seeing if perhaps this machine can be updated by those on the
] > > ground (I'm trying to do this AFS administration from another
] > > continent) but if not, I'll use Douglas Engert's useful 'ldd' output
] > > to try to find everything missing.)
] > If you upgrade to the same version of Solaris as the machine you got
] > libkrb5.so.1 from, that may not help. krb5_free_keytab_entry_contents is
] > in libkrb5.so.1 for me, so I assume your libkrb5.so.1 is just too old.
] > You either need to find a newer libkrb5 that has that symbol, or build
] > from source on that machine. Or, I need to find an older Solaris box to
] > build from and put up new binaries. Those binaries were built from
] > Solaris 10 5/09 (update 7).
] Okay, well, I tried this with a 10u4 machine, but the libkrb5.so.1 there
] seems to have krb5_free_keytab_entry_contents, and the openafs.org
] binaries run on it. How old is this libkrb5.so.1? Do you know which
] release it's from, or what patch gave it to you?
] Andrew Deason
Thanks for checking. Yes, the server that had libkrb5.so.1 on it
works fine with the 1.6.5 binaries, it appears. I'm wondering
somehow the error I got was somehow related to a strange consequence
of ONLY copying this library, and perhaps in isolation, the
library didn't work right. Certainly what I did was not "best practice."
In any case, on the machine from which I copied the .so.1,
(which works fine with 1.6.5), it has:
$ ls -l libkr*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14 Aug 1 2009 libkrb5.so -> ./libkrb5.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root bin 21504 Aug 14 2007 libkrb5.so.1
$ /usr/ccs/bin/nm libkrb5.so.1 | grep krb5_free_keytab
 | 0| 0|FUNC |GLOB |0 |ABS |krb5_free_keytab_entry_contents
I'm waiting for the server that caused problems to be upgraded.
Perhaps the sysadmin is on vacation before the fall semester rush starts.
I'll let you know whether 1.6.5 works on the upgraded machine.