[OpenAFS] Re: Help installing openafs-1.6.5 on sunx86: bosserver: fatal: libkrb5.so.1

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 12 Aug 2013 09:52:50 -0500

On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 12:31:02 -0500
John Tang Boyland <boyland@pabst.cs.uwm.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for checking.  Yes, the server that had libkrb5.so.1 on it
> works fine with the 1.6.5 binaries, it appears.  I'm wondering somehow
> the error I got was somehow related to a strange consequence of ONLY
> copying this library, and perhaps in isolation, the library didn't
> work right.  Certainly what I did was not "best practice."

Yeah, I'd expect you would need to copy at least the missing items from
'ldd' output, but:

> I'm waiting for the server that caused problems to be upgraded.
> Perhaps the sysadmin is on vacation before the fall semester rush
> starts.  I'll let you know whether 1.6.5 works on the upgraded
> machine.

This is obviously way more likely to actually work :)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net