[OpenAFS] Access Denied with OA 1.7 and Win XP SP3

Frank Burkhardt fbo2@gmx.net
Mon, 2 Dec 2013 09:33:19 +0100

Hello Jeffrey,

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 02:49:39PM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Frank,
>
> A quick test from an XP SP3 system upgraded from 1.6.1 to 1.7.28.
> Using a "Limited user" local account I am able to access AFS from
> cmd.exe using both UNC paths and NET USE mapped drive letters.
>
> Your description of the problem is quite lacking in details so it is
> impossible for me to determine whether or not I have an appropriate test
> case.

I'm sorry to not have more information on this but I just tested it again on
a regular (german) Windows XP installation incl. SP3 with just Openafs
1.7.2800 and KFW 3.2.2. The admin user is fine but a user which is only in
the "Users" group gets "Access denied" in AFS.

Which additional information would be of use?

Best,

Frank Burkhardt